December 2013

• The Irish Times hosts an interesting article on the continuing development at Muckross Park, Donnybrook.  NJOG are providing Project Management, PSDP and Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Electrical Consulting Engineering services to our Client.  This challenging project is taking place within a live campus adjacent to a Convent, Chapel, Student Accommodation and Secondary School.  The current works are Phase 2 of the overall regeneration of this historically significant campus. Link to Irish Times Article.

• The original Muckross Park House (a Protected Structure) dates from 1862 and was home to Joseph Mary Plunkett, one of the leaders of the Rising in 1916. (additional information is available at the following link). From Bootmaking to Building.

• In 1900, the Dominican Sisters purchased Muckross Park for use as a primary and secondary school with a third-level college for women sitting examinations in the Royal University. A new school with modern facilities was built on campus in 2006. Under the ongoing construction project, part of the former “old school” was converted into 12 apartments for the Dominican Sisters earlier this year.